I am beyond excited to share what I've been working on the last couple of months! After meeting so many of you at trade shows last year (I spoke to thousands of people at my booth throughout the year), I learned that you love things CUTE and easy. I had this idea in mind for a while and when I shared it with my daughter Hannah, she said I should make teddy bears for Valentine's Day. Great idea Hannah! Introducing our Cone Cake Bear Hugger Kit!
If you are new to my website (and to cone cakes in general), let's get you up to speed:
Cone cakes are cupcakes baked inside ice cream cones. I know, crazy, right? They've been around since the 1950's and have been a favorite treat for those of us lucky enough to have known about them while growing up. The little buggers fall over easily, though, so I created holders to put them in. You can use the holders for baking, cooling, frosting, displaying and storing. They're made of bake safe paper so they go right in the oven.
Cone Cake Huggers are adorable designs that fit around the cone cake holders. Super easy to use, you simply wrap around the holders and connect the arms. They are not bake safe, so you should add them after the cone cakes are finished baking.
Below is a video for how to use this kit, as well as an unboxing video I made.
Head over to my shop to buy your Bear Hugger Cone Cake Kit HERE.
Want more recipes and cone cake ideas? Sign up for our newsletter HERE.
Steps for make Bear Hugger Cone Cakes:
1. Place holders on cookie sheet and insert cones into holders so they fit snugly.
2. Make your cake batter. Any cake batter will work, to my knowledge, but I suggest you avoid "Super Moist" varieties. All of the homemade batters I've made so far work great.
3. Pour batter into cones - up to the line on the inside of the cone. See diagram:
4. Bake cone cakes at 325 degrees F for 20-25 minutes, until toothpick comes out clean.
5. Assemble holders while cone cakes bake.
6. Cool cone cakes on a cooling rack. This is a very important step! If you keep them on the pan, the heat and moisture will go into the cones underneath the holders and make them soggy. Yuck.
7. Frost and decorate cone cakes using your favorite icing and the kit's sprinkles.
8. Doing one at a time, gently remove the cones from the holders so you can insert the bears over the top of the holders, place cone cake back inside holder.
Display and enjoy!!
These are great for baking at home with the kids. Also good for class parties or other parties where you need a special treat.